Meembar respects the privacy of our visitors and members and we do not collect personally identifiable information about you, except when you specifically and knowingly provide it to us. This Personal Data Protection Notice is issued to all our valued merchants/prospects and agents, in pursuant to the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010. Meembar collects personal information to set up, manage merchant accounts and to handle orders of goods and services from Meembar’s merchants.
1. All personal information submitted and gathered in Meembar will not be sold, rented or made available to any third party or other organization at any time, under any circumstance without your permission.
2. The information we collected about your company and business will only be used for the purpose of promoting your product or company within Meembar to our visitors. On the other hand, the personal information we collect about yourself will be used for verifying you as the authorized personnel for your company to register with Meembar.
You may need to provide Meembar with personal information such as:
3. Source of Personal Information
Meembar collects your personal information directly from you or indirectly from your legal representatives, agents and/or employer when you, your legal representatives, agents and/or employers send us completed enquiry, application and/or registration forms via various means, including online and physical hardcopies at public venues, trade fairs or in any of our premises. Your personal information may also be collected from cookies through the use of our site/application.
4. Meembar uses such information for:
In the course of your dealings with us, as our valued merchants/prospects and agents, we will request that you provide data and information about your business and yourself (Personal Data) to enable us to enter into transaction with you or to deliver the necessary notices, services and/or products via various channels (e.g. emails, phone calls etc).
5. Right to Access and Correct Personal Information
You have the right to access and correct your personal information held by us (subject always to certain exemptions). We will make every endeavour to ensure your personal information is accurate and up to date therefore we ask that if there are changes to your information you should notify us directly. If you would like to access or correct your personal information, please query to the contact details in Item 7 below.
6. Disclosure of Personal Information
6.1 Entities within Meembar
Your personal information provided to us is processed by entities (in or outside of Malaysia) within Meembar (including related companies, subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies and outsourcing partners). Meembar will ensure that:
6.2 Classes of Third Parties
Your personal information may be disclosed to relevant third parties (in or outside of Malaysia) as required under law, pursuant to relevant contractual relationship (for example, where we appoint third party service providers) or for the purposes stated in Section 2 above (or directly related to those purposes).
In the event of a potential, proposed or actual sale of business, disposal, acquisition, merger or re-organisation (“Transaction”), your personal information may be required to be disclosed or transferred to a third party as a result of the Transaction. You hereby acknowledge that such disclosure and transfer may occur and permit Meembar to release your personal information to the other party and its advisers/representatives.
7. Limiting the processing of personal information, further enquiries and complaints if:
You may contact:
8. Whether Obligatory to Provide Personal Data and Consequences of Not Providing
Where indicated (e.g. on our site/application, registration/application forms), it is obligatory to provide your personal data to us to enable us to process your application for our services. Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal data, we may not be able to process your application or provide you with our services.
In the event of any conflict between this English language Personal Data Protection Notice and its corresponding Bahasa Malaysia Personal Data Protection Notice, the terms in this English language Notice shall prevail.